The baby who can not talk and often crying often makes parents confused to detect, whether he is just being hungry, sleepy, or really sick. Recognize the signs of the disease serious baby early.
Diseases the harmful baby will be more easily handled if immediately get help. In this case, the role of parents is very important to be able to recognize the early symptoms are not uncommon in infants.
Recognize and Anticipate the Symptoms of General
To be able to recognize the symptoms of serious illness in infants early, then the first step is not to panic in observing the movements of Your baby. Look at the changes below carefully.
- His cries sounded unusual and occur continuously. Can be toned with a very high tone or vice versa that sound is the cry of the weak.
- The body of the baby droop when lifted or the baby seem more sleepy than usual.
- The baby’s face looks pale, mottled, or blotchy.
- Vomiting, especially if vomit is green.
- Does not want to suckle or eat normally.
- A little more urine in his diaper or there is blood in her stools.
- Body temperature above 38 degrees Celsius, especially in infants under 3 months of age, or vice versa, below 36 degrees.
- High body temperature, but feet and hands feel cold.
- Body temperature does not go down after the baby is given medicine penurun hot.
- Difficulty breathing, short of breath, or any sound when breathing.
- A rash of purple redness which does not disappear after rolled out the glass on it.
- The baby had a seizure for the first time.
Some newborn babies with certain conditions are more at risk of experiencing serious illness than others. Give extra attention on the baby if the mother or baby experience the conditions below:
- A baby born before 37 weeks in the womb.
- The mother has the disease streptococcus group B.
- Never had a baby who suffered from streptococcus group B.
- The mother having an infection or fever 24 hours before or after childbirth.
- Amniotic fluid mother broke more than 18 hours before the baby is born, especially if the baby was born 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- The mother received antibiotics given through a drip into a vein.
In addition, beware if baby aged less than 3 months who experienced feverPreferably, immediately consult it to the doctor or taken to the ER.
Type-the type of Disease the Baby and the Way of Handling
There are several types of serious diseases that are at risk of occur in infants. Follow Your hunches and recognize the following disease symptoms-the following symptoms that can harm the baby, as well as how to handle it.
- Diarrhea is a condition when the baby poops in the form of a liquid and too often the result of viral, bacterial, or allergic. If not treated immediately, diarrhea can lead to dehydration, which endanger the lives of babies.
Symptoms: it is rather difficult to distinguish the symptoms of diarrhea with waste normal water on the baby who is breastfed. Look at if her stools are more liquid and more frequent than usual. Diapers, dry mouth and dry eyes, as well as the body limp can be a sign the baby is dehydrated due to the diarrhea.
Handling: if you don’t get better, take it to the doctor, especially if he also has fever, bloody diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Your doctor will probably recommend a liquid electrolyte.
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a virus that causes respiratory tract infections that often affects infants under one year. This condition is more at risk of occur in premature babies.
Symptoms: low fever, cough, runny nose, and baby’s breath was heard saying.
Handling: take the baby to outdoor for a few moments to inhale the fresh air. Avoid pollution like smoking cigarettes around the baby. However, immediately take your child to the doctor if these symptoms looks when he was under 3 months.
- Otitis media is an ear infection that occurs when germs thrive in a buildup of fluid in the middle ear.
Symptoms: the baby may be fussy, crying during feeding or is breastfed, does not want to lie down and often awakened because of feeling of pain in the ear.
Handling: hold up his body so that the fluid can dry out. A baby who is breastfed is also proven is not at risk of experiencing ear infections. In addition, avoid the baby from pollution such as cigarette smoke and dust. But the most important thing is to check The Little guy to the doctor because the infection is not treated immediately can lead to hearing loss.
- Diabetes in children
Diabetes in infants can occur when the mother has high levels of sugar while pregnant.
Symptoms: baby is born with a size which is much larger than generally, the baby having yellow, weakness, and even seizures, bluish skin, rapid heart beat, short breath, swollen face, up to tremor.
Handling: if it is known at the beginning, the doctor can give actions a special handling. After birth, blood sugar levels of a baby needs to be checked continuously. Immediately breastfeed the baby after birth is one of the measures to prevent blood sugar levels too low.
- Retinoblastoma is a tumor is malignant on the retina that can occur in the womb, at the time of the newborn, to infant to toddler. Disease baby this most often occurs at the age of 12-18 months.
Symptoms: the pupils of the eyes the baby looks white, sometimes new looks when photographed. Can also happen the pupil appear reddish or larger than normal, and poor vision.
Handling: immediately bring to the doctor an eye specialist to get proper treatment.
- Meningitis is inflammation due to infection of virus or bacteria on the membrane between the protective membrane lining the brain and spinal cord.
Symptoms: stiff neck, high fever, very severe headache, vomiting, sensitivity to light, confusion, rash, redness, drowsiness, does not want to eat and drink.
Handling: immediately consult a doctor if there are signs of meningitis in infants.
Note the date and the changes that occur to facilitate the diagnosis. Save and take the book medical record of the child each time to check the Little one to the doctor.
When the Baby Should be Taken to the ER
You may be difficulty in determining when to bring The Little guy to the ER. Here are some of the situations that can be Your guide take the decision. Call an ambulance or immediately take Your baby to the ER if he / she: poisoning, bleeding that cannot be stopped, seizures, shortness of breath, fainting, limbs cut off, burned, nearly drowned, the lips or the skin looks pale, fall or collide with a serious condition, feel the stomach pain very very.
Keep calm is the key to deal with diseases of a serious baby. Just in case, always place the number-the phone number of the pediatrician, the closest hospital, and an ambulance in a place easily found at home.